With the restructuring of football in Queensland, our club has been placed in the Brisbane Premier
League from next season. As it is the top level of local Brisbane football our club will be looking to
cement a place as a major force in all levels of local football.
To achieve this, the club has already taken steps to increase the number of all girl teams. We
recently finished a six (6) week Girls Football Skills Clinic in which 90+ girls took part. The club willbe running information sessions at the beginning of next season in late January to follow up with this initiative.
To build a strong Junior club that will ultimately feed into the Senior system we recognize that we
need to have good educators. This means accredited coaches of a good level. We are
embarking on an immediate strategy to make this happen. We have five (5) people enrolled for the
Advanced C Licence course which is currently underway in Brisbane; with another four (4) waiting
to do an identical course as soon as it is scheduled by Football Queensland next year. These nine
(9) will join the current four (4) holders of Advanced Licences giving our coaching stocks a solid
foundation from which to move forwards.
In the area of Junior boys the restructure has resulted in our 2018 U13, U14 and U16 teams all
gaining a place in Division 1. Whilst in the U9-U12 age groups we have multiple Komodo Dragon
teams that the club is determined to promote to the Brisbane Super Youth Leagues. To this end
these age groups will be overseen by minimum C Licence coaches, some of which have
considerable experience over many years.
Trial Information Boys
– U9 Monday October 23/30 5.00 – 6.15
– U13 Monday October 23/30 6.15 – 7.30
– U10 Tuesday October 24/31 5.00 – 6.15
– U14 Tuesday October 24/31 6.15 – 7.30
– U11 Wednesday October 25/1 Nov. 5.00 – 6.15
– U15 Wednesday October 25/1 Nov. 6.15 – 7.30
– U12 Thursday October 26/2 Nov. 5.00 – 6.15
– U16 Thursday October 26/2 Nov. 6.15 – 7.30
Trial Information Girls
– U13/14/15/16 Wednesday October 25/1 Nov. 5.30 – 7.00
– Provisional Identification Sessions for Girls 2018
– U10 – U12 Wednesday January 24/31 5.00 – 6.15 TBC
- – What to bring?
– Football boots and shin guards.
– Water bottle.
– Insect repellent/sunscreen.
– Can-do attitude!
Please arrive no later than 15 minutes before the scheduled start time.
All trials will be overseen by multiple accredited coaches under the guidance of
Roy Wiseman, Bayside United Technical Director.
Trials conclude Thursday 2nd November, 2017.
For any further information, please contact:
Roy Wiseman firstname.lastname@example.org